Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A picture blog...because I can, and I will!

I liked the way those branches looked like a bridge


A field of yellow and a red barn, oh and barbed wire...I like it!


My husband, who is such a good sport! He climbed this tree for me!

With the help of this ladder!


A couple of deer on my walk, today

Tom turkey in the forest, today. He kept fanning out, but my camera was too slow to capture it
Hey, sorry, everybody, for my pity party yesterday! Seriously!

 This was my day, today. I went to the cemetery to trim trees with my husband and mother in law. He climbed the tree for me, just so I could take his picture in it. Then we drove to Marshfield, to the forest, so I could take pictures of the flowers. It was a very good day. The deer and turkey were a bonus as we walked. No wood ticks, either!

Al anon, yes, I have gone to meetings. I have read every co-dependent book that looked interesting to me. After we move, I will join, again, I think. Anyway, thank you again, for your kind words.


2 comments:

  1. Some BEAUTIFUL photos--remind me SO MUCH of my early life on the dairy farm near Cincinnati...

    Jane, sorry--but here I go again: Hon, 'reading' books is nice, but they do NOT cut it. Alanon--as AA-- has a specific program with TWELVE STEPS (numbered beginning with ONE) which anybody who is serious about getting well must DO!

    Not blindly--with book in hand--but with someone who has DONE the steps...like that pre-historic monster called a SPONSOR!

    Sorry I sound like preacher here, but YOU sound SO READY to be willing to do what it takes to live a better life, with rewards UNDREAMED OF. How do I know about those rewards? Because I've been sober many years. And starting to grow a little myself--so they tell me. And I cannot BELIEVE the good things which have happened and continue to happen.

    So, please don't just think about going to Alanon and asking for help. BTW, you can do that anywhere, any TIME. Alanon is in all cities, but ya gotta want it. That is all.

    If you do not want to see these kind of comments--please let me know, and we can be just plain "blogging friends"...

    Sober love...and PEACE!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I like your concern and would never even think of wanting to edit your input in anyway shape or form.

    That goes for all people who take the time to even read my drivel or glance at my photos.

    As for Alanon being in all cities, perhaps but we do not live in a city, we live in a very small town with only one AA meeting a week and no alanon that I have ever found. I have gone to meetings in Marshfield but it is 60 miles round trip, now.

    ReplyDelete