Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Going anywhere, doing anything, being anyone, who knew ?

This morning at the laundromat I saw a sign, posted. You know the kind I mean, with the little tabs with phone numbers fringed on the bottom. Anyway it was a sign asking for carnival workers to work throughout the summer. It gave the dates, and places they would be through September. If I were young, and bold, I might just apply for that summer job.

 I have always wanted to be spontaneous and just up and do something fun. Now that I am old enough, and have lived my life cautiously, I have decided to start just trying to fly by the seat of my pants, sometimes. No plans, just roll with it. No, I am not going to run away and join the circus, or jump out of a plane. Well, maybe I will jump out of a plane, someday. Ride in a hot air balloon, that is a dream of mine. Perhaps, just perhaps.

4 comments:

  1. There are some stories I could tell you about spontaneous living. And they ARE good! However--home is home, i suppose, and the place to be...or come home to--grin!!!
    PEACE!

    ..And, in case you change your mind, good luck Carni-Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve's serious. The man has lived a LIFE!

    Here's to spontaneous living...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and must say, my first husband I met him because he had joined the circus as a worker, and he landed in the town I lived in and I found him working at the local 7/11 and that started the whole path we lived...spontaneity...it is wonderful if not always well advised

    Great post and I too could read you and read you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spontaneous living has its good and bad points. Sounds like you are thinking of balancing spontaneity with stability, which is a pretty good idea.

    ReplyDelete