Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The rose garden

Duluth, Mn. USA
Posted by PicasaThis is the city I was born in, and the place I left, happily. Beauty everywhere, and painful memories are shadows that dim the beauty. I left the familiar, and found solace in the charm and solitude of rural Wisconsin.

Okay, I admit it, I ran away! I left without telling my friends, or family where I was going. I left my house, and all I brought into my "new life" was my cat, Iggy, and a few photo albums, and some clothes. My children were grown, and I was continuing to sink deeper and deeper into depression. I needed to run away, and I did. I ran back into the arms of my Husband. He always makes me feel stronger, and he loves me. I am glad I ran away, and sorry that I left without saying goodbye, too.

"Now, there is a law written the darkest of the Books of Life, and it is this: If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time.  -G.K. Chesterton

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I admire your bravery. It takes guts to run away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The city you were born in? This is the city I graduated high school in!
    I LOVE Duluth and everything about the North Shore. I'm happy you are glad you ran away, that it was a positive move!
    For me, though, I sure miss Duluth!!
    ~d

    ReplyDelete