Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Farm life

 I spent the morning with my friend Margie. She lives on a very large farm. She names every cat, and believe me, there are a lot of cats. Every cow, every horse has a story. She is an amazing woman, with a generous heart.

I took her "to town" shopping at Walmart. She looks forward to getting out, but does it rarely. Her shopping list was simple, toothpicks, a new bra, flea and tick medicine, acid reflux medicine, and a pocket calendar for this year.

We had lunch out at a slow food restaurant. She ordered ice cream for dessert. On the way back home we stopped at Kentucky Fried Chicken for her dinner tonight. Her husband will be surprised and delighted. He is an easy going man, with an easy smile and quiet ways.

This summer she is going to teach me to ride a horse. She knows just the one, for my first experience. She has it all planned out. I will bring lemon bars, or perhaps her favorite dessert, date bars. We will ride on a trail she has on her property, along the river.

It was a very good morning, indeed.







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to be a refreshing experience Jane, so different for you from your usual life and for your friend, so reviving in friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, thank you for commenting on my blog today so I could discover you. What a gift your friend is going to give you, teaching you to ride! I wish I had a friend like that. Enjoy your mutual blessings.
    I loved the painting you posted a few days ago. And I felt for you on your journey post. Yes. We are all on a journey without a map, and if I didn't believe that God attends me, I would be terrified. As it is, I am nervous but with a faith as small as a mustard seed, all will be well in the end. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete