Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

A poem for my Father who died, today.

Sadness
eyes dry like dishes
chipped and cracked from overuse
tears betray you
holding them back betrays me

You have died, and I will miss you
I will long for the father I wished for
And I will ache for the one I had
The imperfect one
the impatient one
the human one.

I will look for you, when I hopefully arrive in Heaven
I will dive into your open arms
smothering you with kisses
the way I never did in real life
because you would have none of that
then.




3 comments:

  1. Jane, you touched a beautiful but raw nerve in this post. My own father kissed me for the first time--on his death bed at age 72 (1978) and never ONCE said to me, "I love you, son".

    Possibly it was I who shunned him, and refused the attention he might have been willing to give.

    Yes, Jane. I understand.
    Condolences.
    PEACE.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane!
    My condolences.
    I'm on vacation, but I read and cried with you.
    I hope he is now the best place in this vast universe.
    a strong hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane...I am so very sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete