Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A little bit of sunshine peeking through the fog



So this is my ME blog....with pictures of course!
First though I better explain the second photo...Father Woody left the parish. He left his beautiful garden, and some random priest took his place. He is no gardener, I can tell you that! I have never set foot in the Catholic church here in my town. When I first moved here, I felt unwelcome. There is no other way to describe it. So I have spent the last seven years worshiping God in a solitary fashion.
Father Woody was not the one to leave me feeling unwelcome. He was an outsider, too, I expect. You just know. I just knew, and I still know, I am an outsider, here. Not all small towns are hospitable.

Okay here goes!
A  age-49

B  birthdate- 12-19-1961

C  children-2 Zack and Nate

D  divorces, 1, marriages, 2 so I have a 50% success rate! Good enough, I think!

E  eager, yes I would say I am an eager, anxious, earnest person.

F  Family, I come from a large, loving family. I have brothers who have, on more than one occasion tried to rescue me from whatever....That is the thing about large families, they are always in your business!

G  ghosts...Yup, I believe in them. Holy and otherwise, they exist!

H  habits, Bad ones...a lot of them, like chocolate, procrastination, having everything my way! I am working on them, though, I really am!

I  ideology- I live by the Golden Rule, or at least I think I do. I try to always be kind, to give back, to do my best.

J  of course my name, Jane! My husband, Jerry, actually Jerome, but no one calls him that! J will follow me to my grave.

K  knowledge, I love learning, knowing, discovering.

L  lilacs and lily's of the valley, my two favorite flowers.

M  meditate, I would love to learn to meditate. I have tried, numerous times, but no luck, yet!

O  outdoors. I am an outdoorsy girl. I love to camp, in a tent. I love to canoe, and sit by the fire. I love to garden, and I am happiest outside!

P  profession, Hey I quit my job a couple of weeks ago, although they didn't replace me, so I continue to work there, I am between professions. Fun and exciting, and scary. Why did I do that?

Q  quest- what made me start this journey? Am I learning anything about myself like this? Is this just another waste of my time?

R  refugee of grief. I have been hiding out here in this little town for 7 years. It is time to emerge and be me again.

S  solo- I am not good, alone. I broke into a thousand pieces last time I felt alone, and I fear that I would again. I am going to work on that! Hey, I learned something, new, about myself, just now!

T  talisman, Katie's middle name. She is my talisman, in a way, that little chihuahua dog.

U  universe, I am part of something bigger, always will be, always have been. When I am gone, I will still be a part of it. I like that!

V  vessel, a container, holding something important, that is ME!

W , too many to choose from, wild, wind, whole, woman.  I choose all of them.

X  an unknown quantity as in algebra.

Y  Yes, that is my word...just say yes! There is always room for something new, something different in my life, and to close myself off from new things would be wrong. Yes, yes, yes!!!

Z  zenith, the point in the heavens, directly overhead. Beyond what is, into what will be.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooohhh - this post prompts so many thoughts!

    First and foremost,, I loved your post about "the camera" - I loved it because you had me SO fooled! Stay tuned Jane - I'll start taking pics and posting with my spendy little Nikon and your piccies will STILL be crisper, clearer than mine - ughhh

    Ok, small towns. OOooooo-EEeeeee OWCH - when I went through my divorce, I was in a small town and my kids were in a parochial school in a neighboring town. So the divorce afforded me a chance to move closer to their school. I was looking for a new church because X stayed at our church. I WAS SO no welcome - yes, you CAN feel it, you really can and I have to wonder if "they" know how they're making new folks feel. Oh well, the small town I'm in now is quaint in every way and many who live here commute to the big city, we just enjoy the aesthetics of the town, but will never really "feel" like "town folk"

    Meditate!! I'm much like you, still have not "grasped" the how-to-do-it. And it does require skill. I have read books, but really would love sometime to attend a meditation type retreat! There are so many!

    Solo - Following my divorce a number of years ago, my "quest" was to learn how to be alone and content. It was hard work. I did it and it stands as one of my greatest accomplishments today!!

    LOVE LOVE LOVED getting to know you more - we have many similarites starting from that North Shore city! But, golly, who knew!!! This is our big bday year........ugghh and ugghh

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture is a little haunting. Again, as always, great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a small town and find it both comforting and stifling. I don't think I'd have moved here if I'd known I'd become single here.

    ReplyDelete