Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Courage

Authenticity takes courage. I strive to make everyday count. I honestly believe that in order to be okay with myself, to be authentic, I must do something worthwhile, everyday.

It is said, that a picture, is worth a thousand words. I post photographs. I enjoy taking walks, snapping photographs, and sending them out into the World. I do not communicate with these photos. I communicate in other ways. I pour my heart out in front of this computer screen, and hope that I am judged sane at the end of the day.

This afternoon the sky went from cloudy gray to blue with bright clouds. I know that it means the cold is once again coming. Soon it will be too cold to walk. The snow and ice will crunch underfoot, and to be caught outside for any length, could be deadly. There is something alluring in the light reflecting off the ice crystals. I am compelled to go outside and listen to the wind, the absence of nature. The birds have all flown south. All but the crows who can survive in the harshest of climates. I see deer and rabbit tracks in the yard, only evidence, silent evidence.


I try to follow my own path, and use the gifts I have been given. I know that this is a process, and that I am a work in progress. In the essence of something magical, I have been seen, heard, and understood. In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt " When you cease to make a contribution you begin to die."  I intend to live, and be courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment