Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My spiritual path

  I know, from rather extensive reading, that you are supposed to have a goal. I also know, that my goals are less important to me, than experiencing every single moment. I let my heart guide me, and sometimes that leads me away from what others call success.I am rather impulsive, and I would describe myself as a free spirit. I am also racked with anxiety, and others, would describe me as ordered, structured, fearful. Those qualities exist together in this mind, and body.


  The first step in making any dream come true, is to be clear about what it is that you want. We all know that. My difficulty lies in boiling it down to one thing. I know that safety is an illusion. I know that no matter what risks I take, I have to listen to my intuition, and go with it. The anxiety I feel, at the thought of it, throws me into a frenzy. I tremble, my heart races, my mind makes up stories of all of the disasters that will occur. I freeze up, for a few minutes, and then I proceed. I proceed, and that is what is important.

  What if I knew that everything that I did would turn out okay? What if I made every step, the right one? What would I do, if I knew I could not fail? How about you? What would you do?

  I believe that every day that I am alive is a special occasion. I believe that to have goals, for my future, is okay, but that I am happy with who I am today. I love myself, today. That is my spiritual path, and I have been walking it for a while now.

1 comment:

  1. " I let my heart guide me, and sometimes that leads me away from what others call success."

    ME TOO!!! But success is very subjective. When my heart is on my sleeve, I'm creative, I'm empathizing with another based on mutual life expeience,
    I'm successful!!
    For me,,
    Other's measure of success matters not
    ~d

    ReplyDelete