Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Comfort

To be still, able to settle in, this is my idea of comfort. Sometimes it seems that life is too fast. We work, and work, and for what? Our future perhaps? An ethic that was instilled in us as young people?

When we are born, we are given the ingredients for happiness. We smile, even before we can comprehend the concept of happiness. This is basic, I know, but an idea that is fresh. We know how to be happy, how to be comfortable, but still we seek. Why?

To live in the past, is to regret. To live in the future is to dread, or to fantasize. The only time we really have is the present time. Take a deep breath, and just feel the joy of this moment. Maybe we are tired, or hungry, or have a stuffy nose. Perhaps, instead of reading this blog, or writing it for that matter, we should be doing something more productive, like relaxing, or playing with the dog, or cuddling with a loved one. I, for one, find this an act of creativity. I am leaving something behind, and settling in. In composing this little paragraph, I am contented.

Okay, I won't be completely happy unless I include a photograph in this little post....Let me see if there is one that improves this moment.

I will leave you with this thought. Look around, with a smile on your face. It will change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment