Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Simplicity

One of the fondest memories I have of my childhood was laying on the floor, a ray of sunshine was streaming through a window above me, and dust was floating down like jewels. I was in heaven, just looking at the glistening dust, shimmering in the sunshine. I don't remember how old I was, or who was with me, or what I had for dinner that day, nothing mattered but that ray of sunshine. That moment has followed me, and whenever I feel overwhelmed I think back to it. It reminds me to take time to look at the wonders around me.

Time is a precious gift. How we spend it, who we share it with, is of utmost importance. I can honestly say I have spent the last year enjoying and celebrating my relationship with my family. Jerry and I have really enjoyed each other this summer. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. I have been blessed with a unique and loving family.

Keeping it simple, that is my mission statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment