Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Keeping up with the Laundry

I know that there are better, possibly more productive things to do with my day off, but blogging just seemed to call to me today.

There is a mountain of laundry in my basket, but instead of sorting it, and lugging it to the nearest mat, I decided to write a love letter to my dirty clothes.

Dear worn stuff in my laundry basket,

How are you? Are you getting along with each other in that jumbled chaos in the closet. I am really sorry that I am neglecting you. I really am, really! Soon you will get the attention that you deserve. I will sort you by color, then examine each and every one of you for stains. I will apply the proper chemical to each and every potential stain and gently rub you. Next I will place you  in the laundry basket and transport you to the laundromat. I will be careful to divide you into equal parts, and not crowd you. I will set the machine to the proper setting, and start inserting quarters. I will spend as much as I need to to satisfy your needs.

I will be careful to hang you up, and fold you nicely. I will take care of you until you are old, or until we grow apart.This is my promise.

Please be patient with me.

Love, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment