Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Comfortably Numb, my interpretation

Being numb has nothing to do with chemicals, it has nothing to do with comfort, to me it has to do with putting my mind in neutral and rolling forward. In this time of grief I have all I can do just to make it through a day without irritating my tear ducts.
My eyes are black and swollen. I am trying to do things right, not get ahead of myself. That was my problem, last time. I didn't think of my own mental health, and I fell into a deep depression. I will be more careful with myself, this time. I will feel my feelings, not stuff them. I will avoid chemical solutions to real problems. Okay except sleeping pills when I really need to rest.
That's all, that is basic just jane philosophy mumbo jumbo. I'm doing my best, and it will just have to be good enough. All troubles look smaller from a distance, and only time heals all wounds. Blah, blah, blah!

4 comments:

  1. Here's my blah blab blah.........
    Remember you are still in my prayers!

    You are aware of the "stages of death" and it would certainly sound like you did not heed their significance last time. Working through the stages of grief is so so important!!! There is experiencing the pain of grief, accepting the reality of the loss, adjusting to an environment in which the loved one is missing, and withdrawing one’s emotional energy. Failure to complete these stages can result in "impacted grief", which is grief dragged out withoug working THROUGH each stage - it is this type of grieving that genrally leads to depression.

    Bottom line, though,, always,, keep wriging here!! Talking!! Its a process - hope you have face-to-face support. Be kind to yourself Jane - life will carry on , stuff will get done somehow and if it doesn't,, there's always another day!
    Caring friend,
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost many in my life, over and over, this grief it is so important to acknowledge it, don't let it take you over, but work through it...there is alwasy something inside grieving that we bring outside with us, to share with others who may need us, or with others who may need to be heard. We are here for you...sending you love
    g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time may heal all wounds but it is the last thing anyone needs to hear when they are in the midst of grief. You just get through it in whatever way you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peeps are our allies--stay surrounded with them.
    The enemy is isolation.
    But you know all that, Jane.

    Just remember you are among friends here as well as there....Blessings.

    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete