Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Summer wishes

Little Apples
caption
A farm, and a field
The farmers market
The rain, and the woodlands
A garden fence
Posted by PicasaYou would think, that with all of this beauty, I would be happy, to wait. One by one the signs emerge. The buds on the trees, the warmth of the sun, the dirty snow, the slush. My stuffy nose, allergies, I suppose. My discontent with the beauty I see is in some ways disturbing.
 I am grateful to live in the land of rolling hills, space, and four seasons. I know the true magnificence that awaits me, in nature. I will strive to be content. It is possible. I am just excited to smell freshly mowed grass, and hear the buzz of honey bee's. I am looking forward to being able to go outside without wearing a coat, or boots.
I took all of these photos last summer. It was a good summer, indeed. 

3 comments:

  1. Prachtige Zomer foto's Jane, in deze periode van het jaar ben ik ook altijd een beetje ongeduldig. We willen de heerlijke zon voelen stralen op ons huid. Maar het komt er aan...

    Fijn weekend,
    Lieve groeten Josephine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I want summer so badly I can taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God bless you with another GOOD summer 2011. And some more outstanding photos? Hmmmm? Love those! PEACE!

    ReplyDelete